DAY 29: DONE WITH THE REVISION, FINALLY!
ASK K FOR PROOFREADING.
SUBMIT IN A WEEK.
AA2580, LAX – MSY, 11:10am – 5:17pm
Taxi to hotel, Royal Sonesta (300 Bourbon St, New Orleans, LA, 70130)
Night: check out Bourbon St & Frenchmen Street
Grab a drink? (Hurrican, Blood Mary)
Brunch/Breakfast @ French Quarter
Explore French Quarter: History, Gallery, Architecture, Music, street performers, Royal St
Jackson Square (open 8am – 6pm), Mississippi River, St. Louis Cathedral Church
Cafe Du Monde beignets
Night Jazz @Frenchmen Street?
Take trolley to Garden District (beautiful historic homes. 2.2 miles from hotel, 20mins. Spent $3 each rode the St. Charles trolley from near the French Quarter all the way through the Garden District to the end of the line. Alternatively, get off at Washington Street and walk around)
(Optional) Lafayette Cemetery No. 1, close at 3pm
WWII Museum (open 9am-5pm), 3-4h
Dinner @ Magazine Street area
How would you like to spend the night?
Canjun Pride swamp tour, 10:30am – 2:30pm (pickup & drop off at hotel lobby)
Then flexible, depending on interest and weather
Authentic live jazz @ Preservation Hall, 8pm, 45mins (reserve in advance to avoid the long line)
Pickup car @ 10am, 1939 Canal Street, 0.9miles to hotel
Drive to Oak Alley Plantation ( 1h. 3645 Highway 18(Great River Road), Vacherie, LA 70090)
Oak Alley Plantation, 3h-4h
Drive back to airport, car return @ 5pm
AA2580, MSY – LAX, 6:04pm – 8:20pm
HOME SWEET HOME
THIS IS FLORA’S SUMMARY. I FIND IT INVIGORATING.
Key Insights (Pretty much the exact same as what Kobe has been telling me)
– Extraordinary results are determined by how narrow you can make your focus
– Do fewer things for more effect instead of doing more things with side effects
– Small dominos can topple much larger dominos; stack them right
– Success is built sequentially
– Not everything deserves equal time
– Achievers always work from a clear sense of priority
– Mulitasking is a lie and it does not work
– Discipline and habit intersect
– It takes 66 days to create a habit
– Become a person of powerful habits
– Willpower is limited
– Success = Being appropriate in the moments of your life
– Connecting purpose, priority, and productivity determines how high above the rest successful individuals and profitable businesses rise
– Happiness happens on the way to fulfillment
– Purpose without priority is powerless
– Resting is as important as working
– To experience extra ordinary results, be a maker in the morning and a manager in the afternoon (See Paul Graham’s article: Maker’s Schedule, Manager’s Schedule)
– Personal energy mismanagement is a silent thief of productivity
– Your environment must support your goals
– Create a success list as compared to a to-do list
– Say “no” more
– Be like a surgeon and avoid distractions; respect my work
– Ask quality questions
– Determine my “System”
– After you have picked your one thing, your number one priority should be protecting the time you use to work with your ONE thing.
– You should reserve four hours of non-interrupted time from your day only to work with your ONE thing.
DAY 9, 7 HRS
READ ZOHAR02, MANDELBAUM13
ON EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE AND ABANDONMENT
DAY 8, 4 HRS
READ THE RATIONAL DECISION MODEL